Please read the following terms and conditions of your child’s place at NCYM.
1. I agree to pay the membership fees (subject to any agreed discount) in full within 30 days of receipt of invoice or in an agreed number of instalments i.e. termly or by standing order over 10 months from October to July.
2. I understand that the membership fees will vary according to the timetable requests I have made.
3. I understand that if I fail to pay the fees when requested, NCYM is entitled to exclude my child from the course and that I will still be liable for the membership fees.
4. I understand that no remission of fees is offered for individual NCYM sessions missed for the following reasons: illness, family/personal reasons, Other engagements, reasons beyond the control of NCYM. Should a teacher be absent, appropriate cover will be put in place or the lesson will be rearranged for an appropriate time.
5. I understand that a full term’s notice to leave must be given in writing or the membership fees will be payable. I understand that if I withdraw my child from the course without giving such notice the tuition fees for the term following my child’s withdrawal will still be payable unless dispensation has been granted by the Head of NCYM. (See 6 below)
6. In exceptional circumstances (e.g. bereavement or material change to personal circumstances), NCYM may offer fee dispensation if my child does not complete a full academic year. In the first instance, I must send an email to the Head of NCYM stating when my child will be leaving giving full details of reasons. A full term’s notice must be given, where possible. Notification of any dispensation in fees offered by the Head of Centre will be given in writing.
7. I understand that if I wish my child to change their individual tuition or change their programme of study half a term’s notice must be given to the Head of NCYM. If notice is not received a term’s tuition fees will still be payable unless dispensation has been granted by the Head of NCYM. (See 6 above)
8. I understand that when my child is required by me to be absent, permission must be requested in advance in writing (email will suffice). I agree to my child not arranging other activities on a term time Saturday or concert day until permission for absence has been sought in advance and has been granted by the Head of NCYM.
9. I understand that in the event of serious misconduct by my child, the Head of NCYM will have the right to withdraw or permanently exclude my child immediately and that in the event of such withdrawal or permanent exclusion no proportion of NCYM fees will be refunded.
10. I agree that I or my child will inform NCYM if they are participating in master classes or taking instrumental lessons outside NCYM (unless with my child’s tutor at NCYM).
11. I understand that my child’s personal details (i.e. name, DOB, and school) may be shared with the Guildhall School for monitoring purposes.
This version is dated 05/08/2021.