Playing in classes and ensembles is fundamental to NCYM. Students have the option to play in an ensemble, take a supporting studies class and sing in a choir. Older musicians may choose to focus on the style that inspires them. It is usual to take at least three classes.
NCYM offers a unique musical progression route, and students are directed into classes according to their age and level of experience. These range from absolute beginners to advanced groups.
All students also have the opportunity to include a 30 mins 1:1 instrumental lesson with one of our professional tutors as part of their NCYM timetable.
As well as receiving a personalised timetable students will also have access to the following opportunities:
• Workshops by visiting artists from the Guildhall School and other professional musicians
• Access to additional online classes and workshops with professional musicians
• Support for GCSE/A level music students and music technology/production
• Use of the Guildhall streaming site to upload recordings and performances
• The opportunity to take part in musical activities with other CYM centres across the UK
• Support for those wishing to pursue their musical studies to HE level
• Access to apply for a place on the Guildhall Young Artists bursary scheme
See Membership Types & Costs for further details on the various types of memberships we have on offer.