We accept new students at the beginning of the Autumn, Spring and Summer academic terms (late applications may be considered).
There are 10 NCYM sessions each term scheduled to match school term dates
No child will be denied access to NCYM on financial grounds and a means tested bursary scheme is in place.
For further information and to apply for a bursary visit Bursary & Scholarships.
Core curriculum covers a whole day of activities and performance opportunities with other young musicians to include:
• Choice of 33 instrumental and vocal ensembles
• Workshops by visiting artists from the Guildhall School and other professional musicians
• Access to additional online classes and workshops with professional musicians
• Support for GCSE/A level music students and music technology/production
• Use of the Guildhall streaming site to upload recordings and performances
• The opportunity to take part in musical activities with other CYM centres across the UK
• Support for those wishing to pursue their musical studies to HE level
• Access to apply for a place on the Guildhall Young Artists bursary scheme
As per core curriculum, but with an additional 30 min individual lesson with one of our professional tutors.
This is an option for more experienced musicians (post grade 5) who would like to play in one or more of the NCYM ensembles
Aimed at students aged 6 – 8 years who are beginners or pre grade 1.
This includes 3 sessions (approx. 2hrs) – an ensemble, general musicianship class and choir.
More information about this will be available in October 2020.
Parents/carers are invoiced at the start of each term.