We accept new students at the beginning of the Autumn, Spring and Summer academic terms (late applications may be considered).
There are 10 NCYM sessions each term scheduled to match school term dates
No child will be denied access to NCYM on financial grounds and a means tested bursary scheme is in place.
For further information and to apply for a bursary visit Bursary & Scholarships.
NCYM returns in September with a restructured offer which includes many additional opportunities, both locally and nationally and more choice of offers available to students – particularly the more advanced.
Whilst our aspiration will be to continue to increase our onsite teaching through the term, it is clear local and national policies and guidelines will be subject to constant review and change. If there is any possible impact to the delivery of the programme these will be reflected in updates to you in advance of term starting.
Student’s timetables may either be entirely online, entirely onsite, or a mixture of both. Our expectation is most students should experience at least some onsite activity during the term and some may even have almost all their timetable onsite.
To reflect our ‘blended offer’ NCYM will be offering a 10% reduction to membership fees for the Autumn Term.
Core curriculum covers a whole day of activities and performance opportunities with other young musicians to include:
• Choice of 33 instrumental and vocal ensembles
• Workshops by visiting artists from the Guildhall School and other professional musicians
• Access to additional online classes and workshops with professional musicians
• Support for GCSE/A level music students and music technology/production
• Use of the Guildhall streaming site to upload recordings and performances
• The opportunity to take part in musical activities with other CYM centres across the UK
• Support for those wishing to pursue their musical studies to HE level
• Access to apply for a place on the Guildhall Young Artists bursary scheme
Price £22.00 per week, £220.00 per term (Discounted to £198.00 for the Autumn Term)
As per core curriculum, but with an additional 30 min individual lesson with one of our professional tutors.
Price £40.00 per week, £400.00 per term (Discounted to £378.00 for the Autumn Term)
Price £12.00 per ensemble, £120.00 per ensemble per term (Discounted to £108.00 for the Autumn Term)
Aimed at students aged 6 – 8 years who are beginners or pre grade 1.
Price £15.00 per week, £150.00 per term
More information about this will be available in October 2020.
Please note parents/carers are invoiced termly at the start of each term.